We have learned that one of the prominent reasons for failure is the lack of sufficient and objective result monitoring and the lack of a neutral and independent referee who can solicit with diplomacy and sensibility between the contending parties in a project. In nearly all industries that execute large scale projects it is practice to place an experienced, very senior external expert and architect as the responsible technical project leader and project captain. This project captain brings in competency and best practice experience from other projects and is usually free from conflicting interests. As project captains we take the prominent role of dispatcher of concurrent tasks, audit and monitor adherence to agreement and plans and evaluate request for change and plan deviation. A project captain is a very senior engineer with a thorough understanding of the technology that is implemented as well of the subject matter that the software is intended to support.
More of this kind
- Have an external view on your performance
- Bridgehead between onsite and offshore as managed service
- Benchmarking your SAP investments for future readiness
- Hologramming Agile Project Management
- Logosworld - Technology Advisors
- 50 Experts over 50!
- EDI for Automotive and more
- Guiding complex projects to success
- Using evolution as basis for change management
- Introduction to Visual Industries 4.0 with Digital Twins