This book is an in-depth discussion and cookbook for IDoc development in R/3 for EDI and eCommerce
The Book The Book as PDF
SAP R/3 made an old dream come true: enter your business data once in your computer and trigger all the following activities automatically, send the data to another computer without typing them in again.
Facts, Know-how and recipes, that is all you can except from this book.
• Establish EDI communication with your clients or suppliers
• communicate in real-time with your legacy and satellite systems
• send and receive data to and from your production machine
• integrate PC or UNIX applications directly in R/3 with RFC
• automate your business from order entry to invoicing
• survey your purchase orders for goods receipt to clearing payments
The authors know, that nobody will believe them: but it is so imple and easy with R/3 to set up an automated business scenario with IDocs, ALE and Workflow
This book teaches you how SAP R/3 approaches in a coherent concept the electronic data exchange with another computer. With this know-how
Paper is out - EDI is in
No modern global playing company will allow their suppliers any more, to deliver their order, delivery, transport and invoice information on paper. They require
Read in this book, why
• EDI will be unevitable in future global business
• EDI projects with R/3 would often cost five to ten times as much as necessary?
• IDocs and ALE are the ideal bridge between R/3 and legacy systems
• IDocs are the framework for a fully automated business workflow
In the technical part of the book you will learn, how to
• customize the R/3 IDoc engine
• interface IDocs with standard converters for X.12, EDIFACT, VDA etc.
• design your own IDoc structures
• write IDoc handler programs in an hour
• trigger IDocs from any R/3 application via messages or workflow
• set up automated workflow based on IDocs
• set up ALE scenarios for automated data replications
(c) 2001,2002 logosworld.com Author: Axel Angeli. Please respect our efforts. Thank you.